Friday, October 9, 2009

This is how much I love walking

I walked once every day for nearly a week in the early days of summer from a hotel near Notting Hill to another hotel near the Marble Arch in London. The walk is a scenic route as I had to past Hyde Park which was nice during the summer of 2002. It was actually in one of the day, I read a newspaper that within during one of the day I was there, it was the first day of summer.

However, my wife kind of hated me when I asked her to do this on all of our holidays especially if we are in a hot tropical weather like Malaysia. I remembered that she missed out on one beautiful sunset at one of the most beautiful island in Southeast Asia (which is Phi Phi Island) when she refused to follow me to go around the island on foot. I managed to get the picture on the sunset (which I still have not upload as a soft copy) and that is the motivation for us to go back there.

A few weeks back, right before Ramadhan, I picked up walking again and one of my most memorable walk was from the Bukit Bintang area in Kuala Lumpur to the Bar Council near Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad. That walk brings me back to my school days when walking is the mode of transport. The building I past became a fodder for my memory....

No comments:

Post a Comment