Sunday, September 27, 2009

Traditional food

I love certain traditional food although some of them are too sweet for my taste. One of it is a concoction called Dodol. Last year, it became an obsession for my wife and I to look for this traditional offering at the houses we visited or the open houses we went to. We only found it at 1 house.

It was popular once but maybe due to the long time for it to be made (at least 5 to 8 hours) and it takes 2 men to constantly stir it up, it is rare for it to be found. And after spending that much time, it may not even be nice enough.

I managed to buy some for this Eid Mubarak thanks to a charity event I was invited to. Here is how it looks when it was still fresh :



and this is how it was made (this one has a machine to help them making it) :



1 comment: