Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Eid Mubarak project

Malaysian favourite pastime is eating, unless they are goinbg to celebrate something. As a Muslim, within a year, trhe biggest day couldn't be any bigger than Eid Mubarak. In Malaysia, we celebrate our Eid for the whole month of Syawal. That is 30 days. After visiting families and relatives, which usually last for 1 week or less, there will be the corporate Eid celebration. As a lawyer, I will be going to so many of them. Before the holiday itself, which extend to 4 days, I already got invites to 4 of these corporate eid.

Anyway, whenever my household is nearing eid, we would be doing something to cheer up the house. This year, it was painting the dining room. I had this green colour as its colour since I moved to this house in 2005. I think the time has come for it to be in a new colour. We chose white as we think it is just the colour to make it look a bit lively. And the task of doing it fall on me. Here are the result (and the process) :



 

 


 

 

Those who has been to my house will notice the difference but for those who don't you are welcome to taste our raya food in our newly painted dining room. It took me nearly 3 weeks to finish it but only 5 days of work-days. Except for the first day, this project I can proudly claim to be done totally by me...

No comments:

Post a Comment