Friday, March 13, 2009

Marrying again

A few months ago, we were invited to a wedding in our neighbourhood. A daughter of one of the oldest resident in our area was getting married. Again. She was a divorcee and she already has 4 children. She was marrying a bachelor and people kept saying that she was lucky to get a bachelor who is willing to share her life, even though she already has children of her own. 

Last week, I went to the house of an old friend of mine. She also married again after a bitter divorce from her former husband. Why I remembered her divorce so well was due to the time she told me of her divorce, I was in the middle of getting married. Nice timing huh...

One morning within this week, I also had breakfast with one of my neighbour about marrying again. The reason? He was so busy for the past week that we didn't had a chance to meet. I ws asking him what he had been doing and that was when he told me that he was busy as he was marrying off his father-in-law. This man had divorced once and married a Brazilian citizen whom he had 4 kids with. After some time, they decided to move to Brazil but the man stayed back awhile in Malaysia to settle a few matters. After a few months, he decided he didn't want to go to Brazil. He did not divorce the Brazilian wife but he proposed to another lady who was already 42 years of age and has 4 children of her own. As a Muslim, as long as he can afford it, marrying another is allowed. My staff who was divorced a few years back is also getting married this coming weekend and she also has one daughter from her previous marriage.

Our topic then veers under the same vein as we talked about a friend of mine telling of someone who lives within my neighbourhood who she knows who passed away a few months before. It seems that that person was involved in an accident and died. Her husband was left with their 2 young children. There is another person whom we know whose husband passed away a few months back. Both these widowers had now find someone new and got married. As I am happily married to my wife, I was just wondering if it ever happen to me and I did post about something in the similar vein once. Read that posting here.

Would you?

3 comments:

  1. visiting ur blog.. come, exchange link with me?
    Well, just clicked on ur ads.. hahas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this June I will be attending my mother's wedding :) She will be 70 years young this year, so it's never too late I guess!

    She divorced my father a loooong time ago, and eventually found love and after another loong story, she and her new husband are happily together now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for her Julian. Love is ageless...

    ReplyDelete