Sunday, November 2, 2008

When my wife is out

My wife is taking this course which needs her to be away for 10 Saturdays. During these times, I am left alone in the house. I think when you have been married for 5 years, you are expected to do a few things in the house.

When she goes out in the morning, I would always be in bed. This doesn't apply only on weekends but is the norm if I don't have early appointments. I would wake her up for morning prayers and then straight away went back to bed. She would then prepare herself and we would exchange kisses before she drives off.

Sometimes, she would rattle off things that she hoped I would do. Like doing laundry which mostly consist of ensuring the laundry being hanged to dry or taking the laundry in if it rains. She never asked me to wash the dishes but rarely have I not do it if there were anything in the sink. I was trained by my mom to not let things unfinished, especially housework, which is neverending.

I would then give an "Okay dear" which is the standard answer for all married men around the world and put down my head.

As the course she attends is between 9 am to 5 pm, I would have the whole house to myself for the whole day. I would then have a problem as I wake up nearly always at 12pm and feel hungry. Sometimes, I do have programs by myself but on rare occasions, I don't have anything to do.

So, that is my story why I started blogging.

And I am sticking to it...

2 comments:

  1. funny.....when is cat is out, the mouse will play :) good that u started blogging. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being lazy, as in hate to dress up and go out, coupled with the house being far from town may play a aprt too

    ReplyDelete