Thursday, November 27, 2008

Old flames

Do you ever introduced your old flame to your spouse? As for someone like me who got to know my spouse through one of my other girlfriend, it was never a problem.

It has been a staple for me even before I was married. When I was in the university, I got to know this one girl through the internet and after I dated her twice I brought this 2 girl friends of mine to her house to assess her and she was so offended, not because of the assessment but because she thought its weird for me to bring 2 girls to her house. For me it was simple. She needs to know who I always hang out with before we embark on a serious relationship.

Now my wife had met the first crush I had in school who I had a love/hate relationship with, who married one of my male school friend after I gave him her phone number. My wife had met this one girl I knew in university who I courted right before I got to know my wife. My wife had even met this one GRO whom I had gone out with a long time ago. These are just a few of the old flames that I have introduced my wife to.

One of my current flame which my wife is ok with...

Most because I still keep in touch with them such as the university girl is a manager at the legal division of a government development company which appoint my firm as their panel. Some are long gone like the GRO.

The point I am trying to make is the need to bury the hatchet and let bygone be bygone especially if you want to have closure in your history. I am a big believer in what is past is past and tomorrow is another day...

2 comments:

  1. as for me, I will see how my partner reacts..

    if he is not comfortable with the idea, then i will not and try to minimal the contacts with all my ex (which most of them i still do keep in touch)

    however, if he is alright with it, I wouldn't mind him to meet them...(they can find a time to bitch about me right? lolx)


    a good point to make :D haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have exactly the right attitude, Kruel. It shows that you're being open and honest with the one you love. And you're right, the past is the past.

    ReplyDelete